Thursday, November 1, 2012

Adventure is out there!

If you know me at all, you know that I love anything dealing with Disney.  Except maybe Star Wars.  But that's a different story.  I love Disney movies.  I love Walt Disney World.  I love the princesses.  I love the original characters.  I love what Disney Channel used to be.  And I especially love Pixar.

One of my favorite Disney-Pixar films is UP.  I love everything about it.  I love that they were able to have me in tears within the first ten minutes of the movie.  I love the humor.  I love the sentimentality of it.  But most of all, I love it's premise:  Adventure is out there!

When I was younger, my passion was being on a stage.  I thought that this would last for the rest of my life, and it still might, but it's not my biggest passion anymore.  At this point, the passion at the forefront of my mind is adventure.   I want to go everywhere, see every monument, do every crazy once-in-a-lifetime thing.

And this is why this week's lecture really hit home.  Study Abroad is something that I've been wanting to do since I was in middle school.  My entire life, all I've ever really wanted to do is travel, travel, travel, and studying abroad is a chance to do just that.  There isn't a doubt in my mind that at some point within the next four years I'll be on a plane to Europe, exploding with excitement.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment