Sunday, November 25, 2012

You have everything you need if you just believe!

Guys...  I have a confession to make.  I love Christmas.  I mean, it's kind of an obvious confession, but whatevs.  It's always been my favorite holiday.  Not because of the presents, although that is a very nice plus, but because of how cheerful it is.  Joy just fills the air at Christmas time.  I have warm fuzzies from Thanksgiving to New Year's because everyone's happier and nicer.  

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is Christmas music.  I start jamming out to holiday tunes about a week before Thanksgiving, and very rarely do I get tired of it.  It's the one time of year that I'm not a little odd for repeatedly listening to Nat King Cole, Bing Crosby, and Frank Sinatra, who are without a doubt my favorite singers of all time.  

I'm also mad about Christmas movies.  Even the absolutely horrid Hallmark, Lifetime, and ABCFamily original ones.  Because almost every Christmas movie, whether Blockbuster hit or made-for-tv, has the same message of love and cheer.  My favorite Christmas movie is Miracle on 34th Street, the one with Mara Wilson, not the old one.  Every time I watch this movie, I instantly wish that I could go back to being 5 years old when there wasn't a doubt in my mind that Santa was real.  This film makes me want to believe all over again.

And really that's what I truly love the most about the holiday season.  Belief.  The Christmas season gives me more hope in humanity.  I believe that there are good people out there more around the holidays because you see more of them.  Belief is everything.  And Christmas just reiterates that for me.

So here is a trailer that will hopefully make you believe too!


Also the part where he signs with the deaf girl is just too sweet!  Gets me every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment